The start of every new year is a hopeful time when many of us feel that anything is possible with this annual second chance we're all given to get it right.
We've complied our "Top 10 Inspirational New Years Quotes" from celebrities both current and from a time long before FaceBook and Twitter existed. These quotes are aimed at helping you launch into the new year on a super-positive note.
Thankfully, every new year begins with a kiss. So don't forget to be generous and spread the love around. Happy New Year!
Top 10 Top 10 Inspirational New Years Quotes
1. “One resolution I have made, and try always to keep, is this: To rise above the little things.” — John Burroughs
2. “Good resolutions are simply checks that men draw on a bank where they have no account. — Oscar Wilde
3. “New Year’s Day is every man’s birthday.” – Charles Lamb
4. “Be always at war with your vices, at peace with your neighbors, and let each new year find you a better man.” — Benjamin Franklin
5. “We spend January 1 walking through our lives, room by room, drawing up a list of work to be done, cracks to be patched. Maybe this year, to balance the list, we ought to walk through the rooms of our lives… not looking for flaws, but for potential.” — Ellen Goodman
6. “May all your troubles last as long as your New Year’s resolutions!” — Joey Adams
7. “We will open the book. Its pages are blank. We are going to put words on them ourselves. The book is called Opportunity and its first chapter is New Year’s Day”. — Edith Lovejoy Pierce
8. “Now there are more overweight people in America than average-weight people. So overweight people are now average … which means, you have met your New Year’s resolution.” — Jay Leno
9. “For last year’s words belong to last year’s language And next year’s words await another voice. And to make an end is to make a beginning”. – T.S. Eliot
10. “Cheers to a New Year and another chance for us to get it right. — Oprah Winfrey
Share your favorite New Years quote in comments. view more kisses