Every type of kiss expresses a uniquely different emotion, from the deeply passionate french kiss to a tender kiss on the nose. Knowing the right type of kiss for any occasion can help you master the art of the 'instant message' between you and the ones you love.
We've compiled our own Top 10 list of the most popular and romantic types of kisses found on planet earth.
Top 10 Most Popular Types of Kisses
1. The Lingering Lip Kiss is an original closed-mouth classic that should last longer than :10 seconds without any need for tongue. Research claims that three passionate kisses a day (of at least 20 seconds each) will cause you to loose an entire extra pound. So let those kisses linger.
2. A French Kiss is considered the most erotic kiss of all. It's a passionate kiss reserved for lovers. Kissing with the tongue stimulates your partner's lips, tongue and mouth. When performed correctly a french kiss is art. If not it can become a real sloppy mess.
3. The Cheek Kiss is used as a friendly greeting. It's also become a popular "I really like you" kiss used by couples when taking photos. Cheek-kissing is the perfect way to express tender affection. Be sure that your cheek kiss is not delivered wet. That's just gross.
4. The Nose Kiss means that you're the object of committed affection. A kiss on the nose is extremely sweet and can be a key trigger in sparking instant romance or fanning the flames of love.
5. The Peck is a quick, tight-liped social kiss delivered on the cheek or lips as an expression of friendship. If you never get past the peck, it's over man. Let her go as a potential lover.
6. Blowing A Kiss can be sexy, playful or completely innocent depending upon the way it's delivered. Be sure to keep your mouth clear of any food and debris or this kiss can quickly turn ugly.
7. The Forehead Kiss is a sweet and innocent starter kiss for the painfully shy, or it can be the kiss that means you're "just friends". It's good to learn the difference. When planted correctly the forehead kiss can also be given as comforting affection.
8. Upside-Down Kiss is a playful choice that conveys deliberate affection and a willingness to get the romance cooking. This type of kiss came to life in the 2002 "Spiderman" movie, when Tobey Maguire (Spiderman) and Kirsten Dunst (Mary Jane) pulled off an epic upside-down kiss in the rain. A safe way to perform this kiss is side-by-side lying down in the green grass.
9. The Eskimo Kiss is performed nose-to-nose with a slight side-to-side rubbing motion. It's a common kiss used by parents and children as a loving sign of affection. But couples can use Eskimo kisses as the perfect lead in to a meaningful Lingering Lip kiss.
10. The Hand Kiss conveys kindness, respect and adoration. Gently grasp the reciever's hand by the fingers and kiss the back of their hand. Be sure to never kiss their palm or suck on individual fingers.
The first kiss between two people is usually the seal of approval that guarantees a second date or quickly becomes the "kiss of death" for any further romance.
The endorphins produced by kissing are 200 times more powerful than morphine. Which is why love is the drug for committed lovers.
No matter what kind of kiss you may choose to use, kiss long and kiss often. Because kissing is excellent for your health.
"Kiss me and smile for me, tell me that you’ll wait for me hold me like you’ll never let me go."